During each September, HERS-SA hosts a week-long residential Academy for women working in the higher education sector. The HERS-SA ACADEMY offers a unique opportunity to women to shape their own programme to suit their development needs. The delegates will enjoy hearing from plenary speakers chosen for their Higher Education expertise and participate in professional development workshops and break-away group activities to both encourage benchmarking between institutions and to facilitate formal networking. Evening dinners offer further informal networking opportunities enhanced by the contribution of an opening dinner guest speaker. Delegates who have attended a HERS-SA ACADEMY or a residential programme offered by HERS in the USA, are also eligible to register for any annual HERS-SA mini-ACADEMY.
The annual HERS-SA ACADEMY targets all women who:
- currently hold a senior management position in a HE institution;
- wish to prepare for a senior management position in a HE institution;
- are keen to develop strategic management skills;
- would benefit from the opportunity to reflect on their own professional development;
- would value the opportunity to meet and network with other senior women employed in HE in Southern Africa and in other international institutions.
Applications are welcomed from delegates wanting to attend the HERS-SA ACADEMY, provided they have the relevant institutional approval.